The major update of MetaTrader 4 platform was released officially at 03.02.2014. (read more). The Metatrader 4 build 600 and higher can run the old compiled ex4 files, and there wasn’t any error with our indicators either.
We had two challenges:
- The 3rd party installer didn’t work properly because the new MT4 had a new directory structure and other changes. That's why we provided immediately a new zip file with the new directory structure. The User Account Control (UAC) in the Windows Vista or above and the Metatrader's portable mode can confuse the installer, so it can’t find the right Metatrader data folder. Thus, from now we provide a one-click self-extractor instead of the installer.
- We can't use directly the wininet.dll because the new MQL4 uses wide characters for DLL calling and we don't like using a double sized Internet traffic. We developed our own DLL for the communication with our servers (Post.dll) which has some speed improvements too.
Installation steps With One-click Self-extractor
- Open the Metatrader
- Go to file menu and click on "Open Data Folder"
- Copy the EXE file to the opened folder
- Run the EXE file which extracts the files to the right directories
- Restart the MT4 and you will see the indicators and scripts
Install From Zip File
We also provide a zip file with directory structure. You can extract the files manually but please be careful, and copy/extract the files to the right directories in the MQL4 folder (you can extract simply if the zip file is in the the MT4's root folder).